Make Preview and Spellcheck options independent on quick reply
Short, concise description of the idea
The quick reply ability lacks some functionality. Its “Preview” and “Spellcheck” options, formerly independent, are now somewhat combined — and the option becomes useless for Russian text. Let these options be separate from each other once again, please.
Full description of the idea
Now quick reply box has an option to choose userpic!
But still the quick reply ability lacks
The result of internal LiveJournal spellcheck, applied
You must admit it's one too many.
The above desribed are reasons for these options be separate from each other once again.
- For Russian text, there would be no need to preview twice (with unnecessary spellcheck garbage for the first time).
- For English text, the reader would have an opportunity to check the reply himself/herself, without relying on an automated spellchecker.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- In HTML, you'll need one more checkbox in qrdiv, with some corresponding text, translated to all the human languages available.
- On the server side, you'll need a few codestrings to unlaunch the spellchecker. It may be a really hard task if someone thought it would be easier to hardbundle the spell checking to the preview option, but I hope it's still worth trying.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- The above mentioned qrdiv is the ID for HTML tag which needs an extra checkbox. And I have no knowledge on your server-side details, because I could never force myself to read through the whole open sources of LJ... sorry ;-)