Link to the specific "Journal Post" page on the "Update Successful" page
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a link to the "Update Successful" page that links to the exact post. This link is in addition to the normal link that goes to the user's journal.
Full description of the idea
Currently, users have to search for a backdated post, or a current post if the user has futuredated entries. This option would let them edit the post easily, double-check whether lj-cuts were done correctly, and add it to memories more easily. The link would say something along the lines of "Update successful. You can view your updated journal [here] and your post [here]."
This link seems to be possible, since a similar link appears on the "Edit Journal Entries" page. Also, the journal entry has already been created when the "Update Successful" page is displayed, so the information needed for a link exists.
Having both links would be useful because the user can see the post (with cuts, if applicable) on the main journal page and by itself.
An ordered list of benefits
- Easier to proofread for lj-cuts.
- Easier to edit posts.
- Easier to add post to memories.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Time for Implementation
- Small amount of extra processing time to generate and display the second link
- Potential user confusion from having two links.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Compare the text on the "Update Successful" page and the "Edit Journal Entries" page.
- Compare the LJ mechanism that generates those two links.
- Modify the LJ "Update Successful" process to pull the link for the new entry.
- Add text for a second link to the "Update Successful" page.