Move "Manage Community Invitations" Page
Short, concise description of the idea
Re-locate the "Manage Community Invitation" page to a place of more prominence so users are more likely to check it.
Full description of the idea
Many users may not even consider checking their Manage page to see if they have been invited to a community or not. The "Manage Community Invitation" page needs to be moved so that more users are likely to check their invitations and take care of them. I suggest as a possibility adding another drop-down under the "Manage" bar (XColibur) or "Your Settings" (Dystopia) titled "Invitations". It could come after "User Pictures" and before "Password". That wouldn't be quite as blatant as an e-mail, but it wouldn't be quite as hidden as where it is now.
- Keeps the possibility of having received an invitation fresh in the users mind.
- Less obtrusive and obnoxious than e-mails.
- Allows for a quick turn-over time between the invitation being sent and the user finding out they have been invited.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I would think it would only take a bit of addition and linking to implement this, but I am not a programmer so I cannot say how feasible this suggestion is in that regard. It is possible this could be a difficult task requiring many changes to the system.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- The basic plan is to move the Invitations page to a place of more prominence, such as under the drop down menu (XColibur) or simply beneath "Your Settings" (Dystopia). It would call for moving it out from under /Manage and giving it its own tab on the top (or side, depending) of the page.