New comment confirmation link and/or redirection
Short, concise description of the idea
After posting a comment, the confirmation page should also include a link to the page from which the comment was posted (2 back in the browser history).
Full description of the idea
As long as we're improving usability (fancy new quick-reply feature!), I thought I should mention that one repetetive thing I do is after posting a comment, I click my Back button's history to go back 2 pages to continue reading (usually my friends page) where I left off to post the comment.
The idea would be to provide a link, in addition to the existing one that points to the new comment, which would point to the page from which the comment was made. Also, the confirmation page could automatically redirect to one link or the other depending on user preference, which is a standard behavior of many message boards.
- Save time
- Conform to standard set by message boards
- Optional feature, since not all use LJ the same way
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Sometimes the user's preference might not be what is desired after posting a specific comment.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Simple implementation: add a link to the existing text on the confirmation page, pointing back 2 pages in the browser history.
- Advanced implementation: above plus new user preferences to redirect to the new comment page, posted-comment-from page, or no redirection.