Syndication: Friends page RSS
Short, concise description of the idea
I would like to be able to access an RSS (syndication) feed for my friends page.
Full description of the idea
It's currently possible to access a syndication feed for your journal at the address www.livejournal.com/users/yourusername/d
- Allows users to list their friends' LJ entries on customizable home pages, their own sites, etc.
- Allows users who have user agents with specialized RSS features to apply such features to their friends page
- May take some load off the server as users who used to refresh their friends pages regularly can use the RSS-based features instead
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- May add load if users who rarely check their friends pages use the feeds more often
- May interfere with .../username/friends/groupname addresses
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- As mentioned above, I would use a similar URL to the current .../username/data/rss setup. I would imagine that the code for .../username/data/rss could be reused for friends RSS.
- It might make sense to provide an Atom feed as well as RSS, but I'm not familiar enough with Atom's format to know for sure (and nor is it important to my intended use).