Add a command to admin console for support
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a command to the admin console to enable Support Volunteers to determine the number of validated e-mail addresses on an account without having to ask someone with finduser.
Full description of the idea
Add the console command "get_emailcount
To prevent possible abuse, this command could be restricted to users with supportviewinternal or supporthelp in any category, like the soon-to-be-live find_user_cluster command.
An ordered list of benefits
- Support Volunteers can answer questions about password retrieval authoritatively (if a user asks "I think I forgot my password and my e-mail address!", a Volunteer can say "You have 8 addresses validated on your account, perhaps you could try others?")
- Can be more selective in granting finduser, as being able to determine how many e-mail addresses are validated on an account is a fairly common operation for certain types of support requests.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- May create some privacy issues
- Adds a command to the already-cluttered admin console
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Someone would need to code the console command and get the patch for it checked in.
- Also, someone would need to establish whether volunteers need to have access to this information. While I can't see that it could hurt, I may have missed something that explains why it would.