Remove redundant item from "Manage" menu in Xcolibur
Short, concise description of the idea
The Xcolibur scheme has at least one redundant item in the "Manage" menu ("Styles" or "Customize").
Full description of the idea
The Xcolibur scheme has at least one redundant item in the "Manage" menu. It has both "Styles" (which is for users of S1) and "Customize" (which is for users of S2).
The suggestion is to make it so that it has only the one that is relevant to the style system which the logged-in user is using. (The "Manage" menu is only displayed for logged-in users anyway.)
Since "Customize" is currently the only page where you can switch between S1 and S2, I am additionally suggesting to add the same "Switch style system" drop-down to either /styles/ or /modify.bml. When the user switches to S2, they should be forwarded to /customize/, and when they switch to S1, they should be forwarded to /styles/ (or modify.bml, whichever contains the drop-down).
An ordered list of benefits
- I think it's pretty confusing to have both there. It was unobvious even to me that one was S1 and one was S2.
- This idea was originally inspired by a previous suggestion to add Links List to the Manage menu. That would make the menu too large for a resolution of 800x600, so one other item needs to go.
- The added drop-down also reduces frustration when trying to find it. If you're accustomed to S1, I don't think many people would be able to find the drop-down to switch to S2 easily.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Can't think of any. 99% of all users never switch between S1 or S2 and would thus never be confused.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I've pretty much outlined the implementation above.