FriendsEvents event planning
Short, concise description of the idea
Event planning tool with automatic invites to your Friends list or custom Friends group. FriendsEvents page would consolidate all events you've received invitations for.
Full description of the idea
Separate FriendsEvents posting page would work similar to eVite, with a form to enter time, date, description, etc. Posting the FriendsEvent would generate a Friends-Only post in your journal, which would be filtered by the invited Friends group as if it were a normal post.
The events you've received invitations to would also be consolidated on a FriendsEvents page only you could view, to prevent you missing something because you didn't happen to read your Friends page in time to see it. Users would only be able to see their own FriendsEvents page.
An ordered list of benefits
- Easy to plan parties and other get-togethers with the people on your Friends list for hanging out in the real world.
- Communities could also more easily plan events and rallies, and each member's FriendsEvents page would make sure they see the event notification.
- Email notification would be possible; LJ users who do not want to receive email notifiers could opt out (or users would have to opt in to begin receiving them)
- Posting an event would auto-generate the Friends-only post for the Friends List or Friends group selected by the event organizer. Updating or deleting events would generate LJ posts as well.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Since using and/or viewing FriendsEvents would be up to each user, I'm not sure there are any major drawbacks. Feel free to prove me wrong :)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Database table for storing events separately from regular posts.
- Page for viewing FriendsEvents a user has received.
- Page for adding/editing your own FriendsEvents.