Turn off lj-cuts with a URL argument
Short, concise description of the idea
Implement the URL argument &noljcut=1, which would "turn off" lj-cuts on the page that you are viewing.
Full description of the idea
The implementation of the userprop to disable lj-cuts on lastn and/or friends pages gave me this idea. It would be cool to be able to turn off lj-cuts on a per-page basis, with the use of a URL argument such as &noljcut=1. Ideally, it would be possible to do this on any page on LiveJournal that contains the potential for lj-cuts, including:
All lastn pages
All friends pages
All day view pages
(there's probably one or two more, but I can't think of them at the moment)
So, for example, if you wanted to read user "foo"'s recent entries without lj-cut turned on, you could go to:
And you'd see all of their entries with lj-cut disabled.
An ordered list of benefits
- Allows users to read/browse journals without lj-cut turned on, and without having to friend the user.
- Allows users to view only a specific user's journal without lj-cut turned on, instead of having to turn it off for all friends.
- Allows you to view your own journal's lastn view without lj-cuts turned on, without affecting the display of everyone else's lastn views.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- It's possible that a user may not want others to be able to view their journal with lj-cuts turned off...but I don't really think that's an issue.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Implement &noljcut=1 so that it can be used on the pages listed above.
- I assume that the implementation of this would use most of the code that the current userprop uses.