I'd like to thank mega, previous maintainer of the community, for all of her work in the past.
We are looking for a new maintainer for suggestions, which is an official LiveJournal community. The ideal candidate will be able to:
* Identify previously posted suggestions and gently point users to past discussions
* Maintain a healthy, flame-free community
* Be aware of site architecture concerns, planned development, and common problems
* Be familiar with Zilla, LiveJournal's bug tracking database, to migrate excellent suggestions to Zilla tickets
* Be able to accurately and completely prioritize new suggestions
* Update the community's memories two or three times a month, minimum
* Be able to comport him- or herself in a manner suitable for a maintainer of an official community
We're looking for someone who's familiar with LiveJournal as a whole, site development efforts, and user concerns. If you're interested, please email email@example.com with a brief discussion of why you feel you would be qualified for the job -- and why you'd like to do it! -- by Monday, 27 January 2003. I'll make another post then discussing the candidates, and we can hold an election for the new maintainer.