Search my own private journal
Short, concise description of the idea
I want to be able to search my own private or locked journal entries, going back 9 years. I would be willing to pay.
Full description of the ideaAn ordered list of benefits
Currently, in order to make my own journal searchable by myself, I have to make it publicly searchable. I use it as an actual journal, not a blog. It is entirely private and personal, and I do not want it to show up on anybody else's search unless I have given them access to the specific post already.
I do not want my private journal published, I just want to be able to make full use of it myself. At present I have a free account, but I would definitely be willing to pay if this function were available. Please?
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- It would allow me to look back at how my thinking has evolved in time.
- It would allow me to look back at events that did not seem important enough at the time to put in "memories", but in retrospect are significant.
- I cannot reduce my whole inner life to tags ... I need to be able to search.
- I can't remember how long I've lived in this house, let alone what year a specific conversation took place, or how a particular shift in thinking happened.
- The journal is good for working through things by putting thoughts in writing, but it would be much, much more useful as a therapeutic tool if I could go back and see patterns in time.
- I don't know what your coding constraints are. I can't think of any drawbacks functionally.