Loyalty Userpics should be available after paid time expires
Short, concise description of the idea
Basically, I feel that any 'loyalty' Userpics, gained whilst you had paid time, should remain available when that time expires, rather than turning inactive.
Full description of the idea
It's more of a morale thing than practical suggestion. It seems odd to me that Userpics that have been awarded for loyalty in buying Paid Account time, should be suspended when the user stops buying Paid Account time. Surely the loyalty should run both ways?
Also, it doesn't make much sense to deny people access to them when they don't have a Paid Account. After all, at most we're talking about 37 Userpics. You can't buy an amount that small and it's unlikely that just having the extra Userpic space is what's going to convince people to continue paying for their Paid Account.
- - Users loyalty is rewarded continually, rather than just whilst they're paying.
- - A user has something to remember their Paid Account time by.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- - Possibly some issue about 'Basic' account only having X Userpics (except when they previously had Paid Account time) would get confusing and awkward to reflect in all the documentation.
- - Lots of users who had some Paid Account time bought for them once would end up having 1 or 2 extra Userpics, meaning perhaps an increased average number of Userpics across the site as a whole.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- - Possibly disabling the loyalty Userpics when Paid Accounts expire is horribly tied up with the rest of the system, making it a really difficult thing to ask of the developers.
- - To get this going, people should discuss it, and see if they think it's a sensible idea. After all this isn't a 'feature' that needs adding, it's just a subtle change to something that already exists.