Community Maintainer Nudges
Short, concise description of the idea
Allowing a way for one maintainer to gently nudge another to remind them about posting to the community, regardless of when they posted to their journal.
Full description of the idea
As the current system is set a person can only nudge someone who has not updated their journal within a week. However, if a community is maintained by multiple people, each with assigned tasks, there should be a way for another maintainer to gentle nudge the other to remind them about posting to the community, regardless of when they posted to their journal.
- It would help communities run easier.
- It would help stop members from harassing other maintainers over when something the one maintainer has or is responsible for.
- It would stop maintainers from having to go to each others personal journals in order to remind them.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- It would mean adding extra coding.
- If a maintainer is opted out it would not work.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Perhaps some sort of drop down menu allowing for the selection of a sort of "work as" listing communities you are a maintainer of. Leading to a site which then lists community maintainers, allowing you to tick a box next to the one to nudge.