Short, concise description of the idea
Add a preview option to Bio like what exist for posting and comments
Full description of the idea
Many people may want to have some sort of formatting to their bio and not know how it will look once the code is stripped and placed. So to do so they must code, enter, apply and view. If there were a preview option like the one for posts and comments this would shorten that time.
- Users will be able to quicly check the possible layout of Bio before submitted.
- Less data used to and from LJ while people are formattion Bio and less backend work of sending out multiple quick changes.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Possibility of some users not understanding that a preview does not submit changes.
- Currently the allowable code for posts and Bios seem to be different, I'm trying to ask support about this. So just using the exact same preview code from posts and comments might not provide an accurate preview.
- Human error causes the world to be taken over by computers... Just kidding on this one.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Adding a preview button to the edit bio page. this button should open a new window showing what the personal info/bio page should look like when submited.
- The button should be add right besided submit and warning text added near there to warn the users to make sure that they submit changes.