Privacy Filters for User Icons
Short, concise description of the idea
Option to have all user icons be designated unviewable to people not on friends list or to subsets of friends.
Full description of the idea
Basically, after having come across a community whose sole purpose is to mock and ridicule people's icons, I thought perhaps that there could be a way to stop people not on your friends list from seeing your user icons. To take it further, you could even have icon filters much like friends filters so that specific friends could only see certain icons.
An ordered list of benefits
- Feeling secure that someone isn't going to ridicule you either based on your own appearance or on the basis of what you choose to use as an icon
- Prevention of theft of icons by strangers to use as their own.
- Being able to decide which pictures would be viewable to people would allow people to have racier/raunchier icons which would not offend some members of their friends list.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Not sure how involved it would have to be and how it would affect loading of info pages.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I know nothing about coding so, the only thing I can think to put here is to use the same set up as the friends filters and apply it to the user icons. As you add an icon, you would have the choice as to which friends (using filter instead of a list of every friend) would be able to see it. You could also have an option to leave the icons as public if the user so chooses or have it seen by everyone on your friends list.