Tumblr as an option for commenting.
Short, concise description of the idea
There should be a feature that allows users to comment using their Tumblr account.
Full description of the idea
While adding Tumblr to the list of account you can use to comment with will certainly be easier for some people, it will also allow more people in becoming interested in LiveJournal itself. This option of commenting on posts in LiveJournal using a Tumblr account should be allowed for a busier and more inclusive network.
- More people will be using LiveJournal.
- The dead communities may be revived with those people who have Tumblr account now because of how easy and efficient it will be for them to use.
- There will be a better sense of community. If one person sees an account that is familiar they can find each other on other networks thus creating a stronger bond.
- You can easily find the bots or "trolls" that are making sock puppet accounts that may be harmful to the website through this form of ID.
- Users can have a better sense of who they are speaking with.
- For users on the go and who are very busy, this can be a faster and efficient way from their mobile devices.
- There will be some stimulation aspect for the other website/social media site as well such as is the case for many different platforms of social media. Those that find this through LiveJournal may be interested in creating a Tumblr account as well.