ability to comment right from Friends page
Short, concise description of the idea
An expandable/collapseable comment box, following suit with the new expand/collapse cuts feature.
Full description of the idea
It would be great if we could leave a quick comment right from the Friends page, without having to click through to the entry and then comment. I am inspired by the new collapseable lj-cut feature, which allows us to view and hide cuts without needing to make a page jump. I love this feature -- however, I think it deters commenting and therefore weakens community interaction, because now it's so easy to just browse along, expanding and collapsing, without ever finding yourself with a comment box in front of you. Adding a quick ajax (or however) way to drop a comment into an entry at the same time would, I believe, promote community and a rebirth of social exchanges.
- Makes it easier to navigate and use LJ, so basically many of the same reasons that the recent cut unfolder was introduced.
- Fosters social participation and interaction.
- Erases some of the drop-off in comments (and therefore in investment in the LJ community) that the recent cut unfolder is encouraging.
- Where would it go? Automatically appended to the end of every entry?
- Would the text box be limited to a certain number of characters?
- Would this be a spam issue?