Icons and Stats
Short, concise description of the idea
Arrange icons alphabetically and have a state which shows how often you have used each one.
Full description of the idea
Some of my fellow LJ friends and I have been recently talking about how we wish there was a way to alphabetically arrange our icons based on keyword when viewing them on the manage userpics page and profiles. Most of us have 50-150 userpics and trying to keep track of them all can be challenging.
I'd also really love to see a stat which could tell me how often I have used each icon/userpic in entries and comments. As I said before with so many userpics, it can be difficult keeping track of which ones I actually use most often (and therefore want to keep) versus the ones which I might want to replace with something new.
- Makes it easier for users or paid users to keep track of their numerous icons.
- Makes finding specific icons on the "Manage Userpics" page or profile pages easier.
- Makes it easier for LJ users to see how many of each "kind" of userpic they might have as per the keywords. (For example, how many Sherlock, happy, excited, sad face, etc. icons they might have)
- Allows users to see how many times they have used a specific icon/userpic in posts and comments.
- Overall this would make the process of weeding out unused and no longer desirable icons/userpics in favor of new ones much easier and satisfactory.
- It might be difficult in terms of time and resources to implement a change like this which would affect how everyone's icons are displayed on the manage userpics page and users profiles.
- Not everyone uses keywords in the same way.