"Other mood" field and previewing mood icons
Short, concise description of the idea
Being able to select a mood icon and to enter your own description for the mood.
Full description of the idea
In the old Livejournal editor, it was possible to preview mood icons and to enter a custom mood if you wished. I would like to propose this feature to be integrated into the new editor as well.
I personally made use of this feature a lot, first selecting a "base mood" so to speak, an icon to represent the mood I was in. I didn't always find the mood I wanted to select in the list, or that particular mood didn't have an icon. That's where the "other mood" field got useful. It was possible to keep the icon you had selected, and entering your own mood.
I really miss this feature as I am extremely fond of certain mood themes that don't have many different mood icons to begin with. Sometimes, it also takes too long to find the exact mood to suit to your liking. It's easier to select a more "basic mood" such as happy/sad/tired and so on, and to enter a more precise mood description or even a caption of sorts: "yay!" for a happy mood icon or "..." for "indifferent".
- Being able to see if a mood icon is available
- Being able to describe your mood more precisely
- Being able to represent your mood solely with the mood icon, without assigning a mood to it
- It wouldn't be absolutely necessary to browse through all the possible mood options
- Newer users may have to take time to get familiar with the mood icons that are available in order to fully utilize this feature