Simple HTML / serverside image uploader in Scrapbook
Short, concise description of the idea
HTML form allowing one-at-a-time image uploads as a fallback to SWF uploader.
Full description of the idea
In Wordpress, the interface provides a simple HTML form which users can use if they have any problems with the SWF or JS uploader. This functionality seems like it would be a useful addition to LJ and would at least allow users to upload images one at a time if they had any issues with the SWF uploader not working.
- allow users a low-bandwidth alternative to flash
- reduce pressure on support/development if there is a problem with the SWF uploader by providing an alternative.
- gives volunteer support something they can easily suggest as a 'have you tried' to quickly pinpoint if an issue is down to the JS/SWF install on an individual machine.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- requires some development time.
- duplicates functionality in a different programming language (but in quite a simple way).