Collapsable ajax arrow on Friends List page
Short, concise description of the idea
I'd love to be able to collapse and re-expand individual posts when I view my Friends List.
Full description of the idea
It would be great to be able to collapse and expand individual entries, when viewing our Friends List. I envision this feature as a tiny arrow -> embedded into each subject title. When clicked, that entry would collapse (perhaps into just the subject, perhaps into the subject + a few lines of the entry). Clicking the arrow again would expand the entry again, back to normal viewing. These settings would be remembered upon refreshing the Friends page.
- * Long entries filled with photos could be collapsed once read, enabling easier and more pleasant reading.
- * Users could use the "collapse entry" feature as a way of keeping track of entries the user wants to comment on in the future, a kind of indexing system for greater community interaction.
- * Potentially offensive content could be dealt with by the user immediately and easily.
- * It would be a general improvement to the basic LiveJournal user experience, improving "workflow" and making community engagement more pleasant and efficient.
- * Is ajax too labor-intensive for the way the current Friends List refreshing system works?
- * If so, and it couldn't be done with an instantaneous ajax collapse button, an opt-in system that gives users the opportunity to collapse individual entries even if that means a hard refresh of the FL after each click, would still be nice.