Short, concise description of the idea
Email notifications on any comment to any post in a given community.
Full description of the idea
Currently I can only subscribe on notifications on a new post to a community/journal. In case I'd like to get notifications on every comment to a post I have to subscribe each time. Thus the list of subscriptions grows, or I miss comments to important threads. Having an option to subscribe to comments not only to a given post but to all posts in a community/journal would simplify the case. Further upgrading could include option to mute selected discussion thread (i.e. opposite to current ability to subscribe to a given post).
- Simplify subscription mechanism
- Add more flexibility to the way subscriptions can be made
- Lessen number of page refreshes only to see the interesting thread(s) still has(have) no more comments.
- Lessen the burden on the servers since subscribed people will only come to post new comments, reading them only in mails.
- More messages to send, since more people will have subscription to everything.
- Less visits (i.e. less hits, less ad impressions) since subscribed people will only come to post new comments, reading them only in mails.