Track comments by user X in community C
Short, concise description of the idea
Provide the facility to track any comment by a specified user in a specified community
Full description of the idea
If you click on the "track this" button on a comment in a post, you get a choice of two things to track:
- Someone comments under the thread by User_X in Post_P in Community_C
- Someone comments on Post_P in Community_C
We're currently dealing with a user posting the occasionally trollish comment, but who also has non-trollish things to say. We'd like to keep an eye on them without banning them outright.
There should be a third option:
- User_X comments on any post in Community_C
That third option could be available only to community moderators/maintainers/owners.
- Community maintainers/moderators/owners have an additional tool at their disposal to manage users who are sporadically-but-not-consistently trollish.
- Extra load on the tracking system
- Extra coding, testing, bugfixing etc
- Whiners complaining about the potential for stalking, and hence extra load on the support/abuse system