Thanking User for V-gift
Short, concise description of the idea
I'd like to directly thank or acknowledge a fellow user for sending me a v-gift.
Full description of the idea
When free v-gifts are made available it's nice to receive gifts from people on our friendslist. However, there is currently no way to say thank you to the friend who sends you a v-gift, except for making a post to one's journal or sending a PM or e-mail if possible. It would be awesome to have a "Reply to V-gift" option, that automatically provides a message box upon receiving a v-gift, where a user could send a thank you message via LJ.
- 1. Increases the likelihood of acknowledging a gift received.
- 2. Allows continued privacy for those who do not wish to be contacted via email, but still acknowledges the gift.
- 3. Eliminates the need for generic "thank you" posts to one's LJ.
- 4. Allows a user to individualize each thank you message, based on level of friendship or closeness.
- 5. Provides a simple way to say thank you.
- 6. Focuses on positive interaction between fellow LJ users.
- 1. Likely a coding nightmare.
- 2. Some users would not utilize the feature.
- 3. May negatively impact the servers. (?)