Enable deep search of protected entries
Short, concise description of the idea
Sometimes tags and memories aren't enough; content we can view should be content we can search.
Full description of the idea
I was trying to find a years-old entry by a friend, but in the absence of a tag or memory, my only recourse was to page through month after month of subject lines hoping to see a familiar one.
Might be default behavior for new journals; existing users should probably have deep searching enabled on an "opt-in" basis...not everyone wants their protected entries to be searchable, even to people to whom they've given access.
- "Deep web" searching consistent with privileges granted to users.
- Helpful for when we want to search our own protected content.
- Value-added capability could drive site usage up--only available to logged-in users.
- For performance reason, this probably implies global searching, filtering for search results that a user is allowed to see.
- Indexing cost.
- Search computation cost.
- Privacy & security implications.