Spam Reporting in Communities
Short, concise description of the idea
This would grant members the ability to report SPAM in communities, something only maintainers can do at the moment.
Full description of the idea
I'm seeing an upswing of spam in a lot of communities. We have the ability already to report adult content but not obvious spam (such as the pharma spam). Some communities are lower traffic than others and getting the spam reported can take time.
- This would allow SPAM to be reported in a timely manner.
- It would alleviate some of the pressure from maintainers to have to be there all the time.
- It would save members from having to email a community maintainer just to get spam removed.
- Perhaps an overall reduction in spam as it gets reported to LJ and spammer accounts get removed.
- Members might report spam someone who is not spamming simply because of a disagreement (policy could be put in place that puts abuser accounts at risk if they do this, though).