Disable copy and paste/right click function for posts
Short, concise description of the idea
Give an option for posts to be protected from users who copy and paste text/right click and save pictures and post it somewhere else without credit for the original poster.
Full description of the idea
Protecting intellectual property should be given greater priority today. Livejournal entries now range from original fiction to sharing of copyright material, all of which infringe on the hard work of individuals or companies. While posts are made to share and expose works to the community, there should be no reason for users to be given the chance to steal work without credits as often the case today. Not to mention, original works are not officially given copyright and authors cannot chase down those who steal their work and post elsewhere while collecting revenue from the advertising on their sites.
Scripts that disable copy and paste/right click are not allowed to be incorporated into livejournal, therefore LJ should consider putting this option up and reduce the headaches of other users.
- Protect intellectual property.
- Prevent spread of copyright materials (since there is only one copy online)
- Reduce likelihood of intellectual piracy.
- Thereby encourage more people to share their work online without fear of pirates.
- Not welcome to pirates.
- Experts may be able to crack the code and steal the stuff anyway.