Single Post, Multiple Locations, Single View
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow single posts to be placed in several communities, but show them on a user's Friends Page only once.
Full description of the idea
Often I want to post the same content in multiple locations. E.g. a new photo I want to place on my journal, but I also want to include it in a photo community. Doing this requires two posts and simply takes longer.
Sometimes other users (who are not my friends) want to do the same thing but post the same content to multiple communities. This is an issue if two people are both in many of the same communities. A single piece of content will show on the other user's Friends Page multiple times and becomes spam.
A recent example for me showed up in all of these communities:
and likely would have appeared in more if we lived in the same city.
- Saves time for posters.
- Saves time for users (more of an issue for low-bandwidth users).
- Reduces clutter when viewing multiple communities with the same content.
- Saves money. (Decreases bandwidth used as there would be less data served. A single post with multiple community links is less data than multiple posts of the same content.)
- Unknown LJ database structure issues.
- Complex questions about how to display comment content to whom.