Short, concise description of the idea
Send a gift of a spoon to recipient's chosen charity
Full description of the idea
It's two-fold. First bit is easy: add a spoon as one of the gift options. Google "spoons" for reasons why an extra spoon could be useful. Second bit is more difficult: for every "spoon" sent, donate a portion of the fee to the recipient's chosen charity. Each user should select a charity in their profile or when a spoon is received.
- 1) Recipient gets warm, fuzzy feeling that someone cares about their present spoon-deprived situation. Extra spoons help them cope through the rough days.
- 2) Charities benefit from pennies each time a spoon is sent. It could amount to a few quid at least
- 3) Livejournal is seen to be receptive and responsive to people issues and gains a few more pennies for their coffers when a spoon is purchased.
- Channelling funds to various charities.
- Getting account holders to choose their charity (on profile page?)
- Cost of administration
- Cost of promotion/advertising