Create an admin console command to invite people to a community
Short, concise description of the idea
I would like to see a command for the admin console that allows you to invite users to a community.
Full description of the idea
Currently, you can remove and ban people from your community using commands in the admin console. However, the only way to invite people to a closed community is from the last Members page, which has five blank spaces for inviting new members. This can be inconvenient at times (for example, if you have more than five people you want to invite).
It makes sense to me that if you can remove someone via the admin console, you could add someone as well. The console reference for the community command says "Only 'remove' is supported right now," indicating that an 'invite' command may not be totally outlandish.
- Maintainers could invite more than five people to a community at once.
- Maintainers could invite people to multiple communities at once.
- Maintainers could invite people at the same time they're performing other duties in the admin console.
- This code would have to be added to the admin console and console reference, which would require time and support.
- If you invite someone via the Members page, you can give them non-default options -- for example, unmoderated access, or moderator/maintainer status. It would have to be clear what options you were giving someone when you invite them from the console.
- It might not be widely used.