Short, concise description of the idea
Currently custom friends groups allow us to lock posts to manually organized groups of friends, but how about an option for posting only to the general non-friended public?
Full description of the idea
This isn't so much about privacy as it is just reducing f-list spammage. Sometimes a public post is for just that, the public, and people on my f-list probably don't need the info in such a post. At the same time I'd actually rather not bother people who don't need the information with it.
The idea is pretty simple really, just a custom group akin to the default 'public' option that keeps a post off the f-lists of people who already have you friended and only appears to those who are either not logged in or have not friended your journal. I dunno what you'd call it, non-friends? Strangers perhaps? You get the idea.
One example: Many people have a Friends Only post that obviously isn't backdated to stay at the top of your journal for people you've already friended to read... It's for everyone else. Non friends.
ETA: It's not that your f-list couldn't see it EVAR. They could log out to look if they wanted.
- - reducing clutter and unwanted info on your f-lists.
- organizing who sees what on your journal.
- not bothering your friends with stuff they already know.
- - probably needs a better name than I've given it.
- and someone to explain it with more clarity.
- technical stuff perhaps? I'm not really sure what kind of voodoo it would take to implement.