Short, concise description of the idea
Merge multiple tags into one.
Full description of the idea
The idea here is the Tag Manager lets you rename tags add new ones and delete tags; however, it would be nice for those of us who are pushing our tag limits if we could have a feature that would let us merge two or more tags, thus reducing the total number of tags making room for more.
- Would make more room for additional tags
- Would allow tag consolidation
- Could be a study in parallel programming
- Coding to figure out what the consolidate tag should be (but this could be resolved by collecting all the tag names to be merged and putting time in a drop down box. Would also need to provide a place for a new tag name and discarding all the old tag names)
- Database intensive
- Possible database corruption because of large operation
- May need to create recursive algorithms and turn each rename into its own thread for locking issues