Comments screened by default
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow commenter to submit a comment that could be viewed only by the post's author
Full description of the idea
It is now common practice in LiveJournal to write a comment to a post and immediately then delete it in hope that author of the post will receive the comment's text by e-mail and no other manage to see it.
This is obviously a wrong approach, because author may have switched off the option to get the comments by e-mail. Since a lot of people do so though, instead of using private messaging, there's some usability problems.
So I request an enhancement to comment form.
Possible solutions to the reported problem are:
1. To have an option "Screen my comment" before submitting the comment.
2. To have button "Send comment as message" or something like this — current menu with "Send message" is unknown to most of the users.
- Allows post's author to see private comment in normal way on the web page, not in e-mail.
- Separates private comments and comments that were deleted intentively.
- Some complication of the comment form.