Chapter sequenced presentations
Short, concise description of the idea
It would enhance the functionality of LJ to be able to present a series of posts on a topic that was user-ordered rather than the present date-ordered, blog-style entries.
Full description of the idea
I would like to be able to gather certain posts, place them into a particular serial arrangement and present them as chapters with "next" and "previous" tabs to navigate. Subsequent posts on the topic could be added at the appropriate point in the series. The present tag system could be used access the chapter style content.
- 1) This would allow narrative possibilities not possible in the sort-by-date, blog-style presentation.
- 2) Subsequent posts on a subject could be added at the appropriate place in the narrative as they were created.
- 3) One could reference this chapter-style narrative and communicate it via the URL of the first post in the series.
- 4) This would allow creation of longer and perhaps more substantive content on LJ.
- 5)This unique functionality may attract other types of members to the LJ community.
- 1) Potentially a more complicated interface for the average user.
- 2) Unknown degree of difficulty for the folks that glue it all together here.