Adjustment to the Customize Your Journal Area
Short, concise description of the idea
Re-organize the customization area to flow more logically.
Full description of the idea
I went into the customization area today with one of my journals, looking to find a new layout. It was very disconcerting to be faced with many different themes of a few layouts. What I would prefer to be able to do is to see first a page that shows me all available layouts - Simple and Clean, Generator, whatever - and then takes me to a page where I can either select one of the pre-made colour themes, or make my own. Essentially, I would like to be able to decide substance first, THEN style.
- Easier to get a structural idea of what your journal will look like with a given layout.
- Easier to see what layout options you have without combing through fifteen iterations of the same one that you don't like.
- Less frustration when trying to change journal layouts.
- Coding time will be involved.
- Some people may find it less intuitive and may be more focused on style over substance.
- People may not realize that they have colour options other than whatever the default theme is for the layout they're looking at.