A "sketch" program for comments and entries
Short, concise description of the idea
I would like to see an option to open up a very simplified Paint-type canvas and draw pictures that will post automatically into a journal entry (or comment).
Full description of the idea
I often find myself wanting to post sketches to my journal or to comments in order to illustrate a point, or even just to play around. Most of the time, these sketches are nothing that I want to keep on my computer -- I just want to produce them and upload them. If I want to do that right now, I have to do the following:
1. Open up Paint or whatever.
2. Draw and save my picture to the computer.
3. Upload the picture to whatever photo hosting I am using that day.
4. Link back to that uploaded picture in my entry/comment.
I'd love to see LiveJournal implement a stripped-down sketchpad that would open up similar to the comment field, and which would save to the account's available storage space and post automatically.
- Users would be able to make and embed drawings more easily
- A new way of encouraging creativity and self-expression
- A new possible perk for Plus and/or Paid accounts. Perhaps Plus accounts could have a basic black-and-white version and Paid accounts could have access to colors, or Plus users could have access to this feature in entries and Paid users could have it in entries and comments.
- As with any new feature that is user-facing, there's a potential for abuse (inappropriate or unwanted pictures, etc).
- The canvas would have to be reasonably small to prevent users from blowing through their allocated space.
- Would anyone be able to do this on a Plus/Paid user's account or would you have to be a Plus/Paid user to use it at all?