HTML in Profiles of OpenID Users
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow HTML parsing in the profiles of OpenID users just as there is for normal LiveJournal users.
Full description of the idea
At the moment, profiles of OpenID users appear almost the same as a regular user's profile. There is one important difference, however. HTML in OpenID profiles is not parsed at appears in the profile raw. See my profile at http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?userid=15749945&t=I for an example.
Although I am not aware of the technical reasons for the difference, it would seem to be the case that implementing this suggestion would be trivial since one presumes regular user's get the benefit by running their bios through a function that OpenID user profiles could easily take advantage of, too.
- Brings OpenID user's profiles closer to parity with regular users and conforms with the expectation of the user resulting in a more user-friendly experience.
- Removes potential source of frustration for OpenID users and encourages them to use LiveJournal.
- Improves the visual appearance of OpenID user profiles and the LiveJournal site as a whole.
- Requires extra development from LiveJournal team for an issue that may not affect many users.
- Discourages users from creating a dedicated LiveJournal account since the capabilities of both accounts are closer to parity.