Add support for Personal Eventing to LJ Talk
Short, concise description of the idea
Add support for XEP-0163: Personal Eventing via Pubsub to the LJ Talk system, for usage such as now playing, etc.
Full description of the idea
XEP-0163 defines a system, based in the older Pubsub system, for Jabber/XMPP clients to send live information on the user, for example, what song is now playing in their media player. Full spec at
- LJ Talk users could tell at a glance what their friends are listening to, provided their client supports it
- LJ Bot (Frank) could use this, in conjunction with XEP-0118: User Tune and XEP-0107: User Mood, to set those fields on posts made through him.
- Further out, these things could be posted to the journal, and updated live(ish, maybe no more than once every 5/10 minutes for server load, if that's an issue?)
- Not all Jabber/XMPP clients support sending or displaying some or all information shared through this mechanism (but would still work for messaging!)
- Even for clients that do handle it, not all media players are supported.