Filtering/Blocking new friends
Short, concise description of the idea
My suggestion is to add a feature that EASILY allows someone to block new friends from posts made prior to adding the friend.
Full description of the idea
LJ already offers filtering, which is great, but this still leaves issues with new friends. It would be nice if there was a quick and easy and quick way to block old entries from a new friend. For example, it would be nice and helpful to be able to add a new friend, but block them from EVERYTHING that I've already posted. This way, I can easily control what they view by filtering future posts.
- +Saves time from having to go back and filter everything previously written
- +Gives users more privacy
- +Gives users more control
- +Gives users more options
- +Allows users to add friends without worrying about old posts
- +Being optional means that users can still give access to everything to new friends if they want
- -It would be an "all or nothing" type thing so one would still have to manually change every post if they wanted to limit things, but not completely block it
- -The person who was added may not like others being able to do this