Keeping basic ad-free accounts, without losing much ad revenue
Short, concise description of the idea
Return basic accounts, but keep ads for basic and plus users on main LJ-centric pages.
Full description of the idea
You can keep users' basic journals ad-free, on their calendar, friends page, journal pages, etc, while still having ads on direct LJ pages such as Post an Entry, Profiles, the homepage, FAQ pages, journal configuration pages, etc.
- * Users still get ad-free journals
* Brad's original promise of LJ being ad-free can still mostly be kept
* Ad revenue is still recovered from Basic accounts, through ads on non-journal pages
* Less fandom/customer bitching from the peanut gallery
* Good compromise between current policy and old policy
- * Mild loss of revenue from lack of ads on journals
* A few users who will still bitch and moan because IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH and they want to have their cake and eat it too.