Tracking membership participation within a community
Short, concise description of the idea
Track how many times a member comments or posts in your community.
Full description of the idea
Has anyone ever thought to create a program for LJ communities that will help them keep track of their members. For instance, when they joined. How often they post within the community and where.
We want an active community. This means all who join MUST comment and participate regularly. Being able to track our members participation would be helpful. It would let us know what threads work and which ones don't. What our members are interested in and what they are not. It would also help us eliminate the lurkers. ::grin::
- Allows community moderators to see what members contribute to the community.
- Much like you can nudge a friend who never posts on your Flist. This feature would allow community owners and mods to send a member a similar wake up call before they are removed from the community for non-participation. It might encourage participation.
- This feature would allow community owners to keep a clean, tight membership roster filled with members who are loyal to the community.
- Some folks won't like the fact that community owners can see their lack of participation, monitor their participation or lack thereof and remove them from their communities because of it.
- Lurkers always get pissy when you tell them they are lurking and not contributing.