Email notifications for emailed posts...
Short, concise description of the idea
When submitting journal posts by email, have the option to have notifications sent back to the email address that the post was submitted from.
Full description of the idea
When you submit a journal post by email, the chances are that you're out and about and away from your normal PC. Therefore, sending comment notifications to your 'regular' email address might not be appropriate, particularly if you have a different email address that you are posting from.
My suggestion is to have the option to have comment notifications sent to the email address that the post was made from.
- Allow mobile users the ability to keep track of comments made on posts that they sent whilst mobile
- Possibly build on this to allow comments for any post to be sent to an email address of choice (limited list of verified addresses, perhaps?)
- Improve the mobile service to allow better interaction between the poster and their commenters whilst mobile
- Additional development required to include a new header to flag the option, plus anything else that might need including.
- Other than that, because this is optional, I cannot think of any specific issues.