Sequential navigation through like-tagged entries via entry pages
Short, concise description of the idea
The ability to navigate through entries filed under a pariticular tag, directly from an entry page.
Full description of the idea
Suppose Hermintage wants to navigate all of her posts tagged, "perfume". Being that there are more than 10 posts tagged "perfume" in her journal, navigating back to http://hermintage.livejournal.com/tag/perfume from an entry's actual page becomes cumbersome and a pain-staking, time-eating process. Using the calendar only takes you so far, especially .
This act begs for a new feature from the entry page itself: links in the comment bar to navigate between entries of a common tag. "Read next entry in [tag]." "Read previous entry in [tag]."
A nice-to-have would include being able to link back to the master tag list as well as the tag-at-hand list from the entries in this view.
- Ability to view tagged entries in a sequential order
- Ability to view tagged entries without leaving the entry page itself, creating fewer click-throughs needed for frequently-used tasks
- Allows user to gauge accuracy of tagged entries for those users who are *ahem* nutcases about organizing their journal
- Allows readers of a journal to become engaged quickly on any given topic/tag in a journal
- Allows readers of a journal without comment pages displayed in their journal style quick navigation without extra click-throughs
- There are already a lot of ways to navigate inter-journal; adding one more may be overkill
- To add entry-level site features will invovlve coordinating between other journal/management views
Where does LJ expose this feature? MyLJ? Tags page? Entry-level view only?