Memories page/Higlights page
Short, concise description of the idea
Ability to share the page of all public memories formatted in the same way as a Friends page (variant: share public memories from a specific memory category, named "Highlights")
Full description of the idea
Sharing each other Friends pages is one of the best features of LJ. Public memories are, in some sense, shared, but there is no mechanism of conveniently accessing them. A Memories page would change that.
Variant: to reserve a memory category "Hightlights", and show the "Highlights page". Introduce a "Highlight button" in addition to "Add to memories" button.
- Memories page: the ability to easily see posts recently found interesting/memorable by another LJ user.
- Highlights page: the ability to mark pages as recommended for other LJ users in one click, and the ability to see pages marked in this way.
- Highlights page might be especially interesting from the viewpoint of forming social networks.
- Memories page: there might be some privacy concerns, despite public pages being already accessible, although in a inconvenient way. If the change is retroactive, this might be especially problematic.
- Extra links and buttons take screen space.
- Need to think about the optimal design carefully for this feature, coding effort.