LJ should save and restore all post parameters
Short, concise description of the idea
When auto-saving a post on the server (in case the browser crashes, etc.) LJ should save all the post parameters.
Full description of the idea
LiveJournal stores the text of the post on the server when filling in the
form. However, it doesn't store the rest of the parameters of the post, like
"Post to", "Userpic", "Disable Auto-Formating", "Tags", etc. As a result,
they should be filled from memory, and may induce mistakes.
That's not good.
See here for a problem I got after my browser got hang up and I couldn't
restore the connection:
I've been using it with Mozilla Firefox 220.127.116.11.
Please make sure that all the post parameters are stored.
- All the parameters will be stored, including those that require manual work to fill in.
- Less mistakes, as the user will only have to fill the relevant field/parameter once.
- The users will be happier that all the parameters they have set did not disappear.
- The users will trust LiveJournal more.
- More complexity in the client side-logic - more parameters will have to be sent to the server properly.