Ability to sort Friends Page in a different order
Short, concise description of the idea
Some downloaded clients allow you the option to display your friends list in ascending rather than descending order, counting from the last "new" post the last time you opened your friends page from that client. Can it be possible to do this from the LJ main site instead?
Full description of the idea
I tend to get confused and/or frustrated if I see later posts referencing something that happened earlier, and can't figure out what happened without skipping 40 or so entries. Semagic, for example, allows you to add "?since=" to your friends page URL, but I believe it only works if you always access your friends page from the same computer. I access it from at least two different computers, and normally open my friends list from the LiveJournal homepage.
I would find it very useful to be able to open my friends list in ascending order as of the last time I loaded my friends page while logged in and move forwards in time, so to speak, rather than moving backwards.
- Posts flow in a more logical order
- Very useful if you've been away on holiday and want to try and keep track of how things happened while you were gone
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Extra processing and database space would likely be required
- It would only work for logged-in users
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Since LiveJournal tracks logins, etc. by cookies, could those be modified to include this information? (Note: I am not a programmer and am not familiar with the intricacies of dynamic Web sites.)
- Since this would place an additional load on the servers, perhaps it could be a benefit offered to Paid/Permanent users (possibly Plus as well)?