Importing RSS Feeds Into Existing LJ Acct
Short, concise description of the idea
I'd like to be able to import other site feeds into my existing account, rather than creating separate accounts for each feed.
Full description of the idea
I have several sites that I frequent and want to be able to keep all of my content together - Twitter, del.icio.us, Mag.nolia, my Viddler feed... the list goes on. If I were able to add those RSS feeds to my LJ, I wouldn't need to hop around clicking "blog this" and copying things over, and my blog would be one perfectly sync'ed hub for my online content.
- -Keeping all of one's online content in one central location on LiveJournal
- -Eliminating a need to use the "blog this" function on sites where an RSS feed is available.
- -Huge time saver for those of us who blog content from several different sites (video, photos, links, Twitters).
- -Gets LiveJournal on board with the new concept of "lifestreaming," which involves channeling all of one person's online activity to one central location.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- -Over-blogging (spammish frequency of blogs due to all the RSS feeds) from such sites as Twitter (it would be amazing to have a digest option specifically with Twitter in mind) and Flickr (posting one entry for each photo uploaded would be overkill... again, a digest would be better).
- -Implementation (unsure of the difficulty of going from one account per RSS feed, but I'd imagine there will be disadvantages or time issues in implementing something like this).
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- -Digests need to be an option when importing an RSS feed
- -Perhaps having all RSS content for a blog in one post each day ("Today's Syndication: Twitter/Flickr/Viddler/Mag.nolia/etc. in the body, under an LJ-cut), or maybe two per day.
- -Allow us to enter the RSS feed url (don't just offer import for certain sites, because inevitably some of our favorite sites will be left out, my main concern being Viddler.com)