resend reset password
Short, concise description of the idea
Make it possible to have a reset password sent again for 48 hours or until password change, whichever is shorter.
Full description of the idea
It often happens that the email containing the reset link is allowed, but the email containing the new password is blocked by spam filters. With the old system, this was just a matter of "keep adjusting filters and requesting until you can get it," but now it is more of a pain: each time you adjust filters or make another attempt, you have to request a new Lost Password email, reset the password again, and then wait to see whether the email gets through this time.
To make this simpler for the user, we could offer the option of having the same password sent again for a short time after the reset.
- Less trouble for users trying to receive a password email that is being blocked.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Developing this feature might be more trouble than it's worth.
- Security issues?
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- One way to do this would be to resend the same password if someone clicks the same reset link again.
- Another way: If someone resets and then requests a new Lost Password email for same username and email address within the chosen time frame, just send the same password again, instead of a new email with a new reset link.
- The ability to have the same password sent should be cancelled at the end of a certain period of time - 24 hours? 48 hours? or when the user changes their password, whichever happens first.