info ico shows user "status"
Short, concise description of the idea
That the be replaceable by another symbol to flag important posts or comments in communities from certain users.
Full description of the idea
Maintainers, moderators, LJ staff could mark posts and comments as "official". This means that an off-hand "that's an idea" remark is not mistakenly read as company policy later.
I'm thinking mainly of distinguishing "talking it through" comments from "this is how it's going to be" comments
- Other readers can know which posts or comments are community or site rules/law/doctrine.
- Other readers can know when poster is just speaking as a general member of the community.
- Might be easier than remembering to log into the right journal or choose the right icon.
- Site-wide consistency compared to using icons
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Could get it wrong and mis-mark a post.
- Can already be done with icons and sock puppets
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- There are already different info gifs that can be attached to the name. Could this be overridden on a post by post or comment by comment basis?
- What should it be, a skull and cross bones, a burning bush?