confirmation when using email form to respond to locked post
Short, concise description of the idea
Receive confirmation when using email to comment on locked posts, even if you're not logged in. The current system tells you you're not allowed to view the locked entry, but doesn't tell you whether your comment was successfully posted, screened, etc.
Full description of the idea
When using HTML emails, it's possible to respond to a comment without visiting the site. This is a great feature! It only goes awry if you respond to a comment on a locked post, and are not logged in. In that case, your comment is submitted, but you are sent to a page saying that you're not allowed to see the entry. This is appropriate behavior, but it would be nice if the page could tell that you were coming from an email comment submission, and instead said "Your comment was posted. However, you need to log in to view the entry."
- Provides confirmation that your comment was successfully submitted.
- Lets you know whether the comment is displayed, screened, etc.
- Prevents confusion arising from seeing a generic error message.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I don't know how the backend handling of email comments works. This could be simple to implement, or it could be quite complicated.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Customize the standard "locked entry" post depending on the result of the comment submission.